Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Sean From Ramona, CA
Jul 25, 2007
79 out of 81 people found this instruction helpful
1. Open the dishwasher and remove the two plastic grommets about halfway down on either side of the opening. Then remove the two screws under the grommets.
2. Remove the kick plate under the door. May have to lower unit by turning the feet using the adjustable wrench.
3. Make sure you have enough slack in the water input line and electrical wiring that you can pull the dishwasher out about 12 inches or more.
4. There is a spring and nylon rope link on both sides of the unit. Probably just one link is broken, but the replacement comes with two, so you can replace both or save one as a spare. Look at the good side and it should be pretty self explanatory how it attaches. I found it easiest to first thread the link around the lower pulley, then attach the link to the spring, then spring to the rear support, then the link to the door.
5. Reverse (2 to 1) to reinstall the dishwasher.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS972325