Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Wayne From Sandwich, IL
Apr 06, 2013
These directions are for Whirlpool dishwasher model # DU1055XTVB8. The steps below might be slightly different if you have a different model dishwasher.
1. Turn the electrical power off.
2. Remove both the lower and upper racks from inside the dishwasher. To remove the top one, it is necessary to remove the plastic stops at the end of each track. Push in on the tab on each of these stops and lift them up to remove. The lower rack has no stops and just slides out.
3. Put a towel on the bottom of the dishwasher (to catch any parts that might fall).
4. Remove the Philips screw from the top of the feed tube (the plastic part onto which the spinner attaches).
5. Pull down slightly on the feed tube and remove the plastic fastener (which holds the spinner in place) from the top of the feed tube.
6. Insert a new plastic fastener (with its head up) into the hole of the feed tube. Position the spinner under the feed tube and then snap the spinner and new plastic fastener together.
7. Reinstall the Philips screw into the top of the feed tube.
8. Remove the towel and put the racks back inside the dishwasher.
9. Turn electrical power back on.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS972316