First, I left the new part on the kitchen counter for a couple of days. To my surprise, NOT, my husband didn't take the bait.
With no other options I took control. First I turned off the power to the wall oven, unscrewed the bracket at the back of the oven which holds the broiler in place. Then I unscrewed the brace on the top of the the oven, pulled the element out, unhooked the connectors for the old, connected the new, and slid broiler into the brace. Screwed that down then pushed wires and connectors back and screwed bracket in place. Turned power back on and tested - works great.
Still don't think my husband's noticed a thing. Somethings are just better left unsaid.