Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Robert From Apopka, FL
Feb 23, 2013
Part Number: PS389799 Door Frame – Almond
Thank you very much for your excellent service. The door frame was delivered 24 hours after ordering it. I did find the installation tips wanting so here are some tips you can share with others.
Effort 30 minutes and is easy. I suggest a Phillips screwdriver, several regular screw drivers and a hot glue gun. Those replacing the door frame need to know that the glass protective panel does not come with the frame.
1. There are only 5 Phillips head screws involved.
2. To remove the old door, remove three screws on the side of the door.
3. Use several conventional screwdrivers inserted under the top of the frame to lift it above the tabs that hold the frame in place. The frame should be removed from the handle side first.
4. Once the frame is loose, closing the door allows for full removal of the old frame.
5. There is a protective glass window that must be removed from the old frame. This does not come with a replacement frame. It is held in place by a soft glue. Scrape it away from all 12 tabs.
6. To pull the glass out, pry with your hands on the large horizontal tabs. This should allow just enough space to slide the glass out.
7. Clean the door and glass before assembly.
8. Remove the two screws from the handle on the old frame and transfer the handle to the new frame.
9. Slide the glass into the frame. Use a hot glue gun sparingly along each of the 12 tabs to keep the glass tightly in place. (The glue is used after the glass is installed).
10. Place the new frame back onto the door and secure with three screws.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS389799