Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
First, I watched the very handy video on this topic that was linked on the parts page on this site. Find this video and watch it if you're a newbie like me. My dryer was different than the one in the video (but the vid was still very helpful) in that the top does not lift and there are (2) panels on the front that need to come off - pretty straightforward machine screw fasteners removed with a nut driver, and they came off easily. I marked the wires to the light switch @ the door, and removed them. The duct assembly came out just as the video showed, but mine had (2) 3" - 4" sensor bars across the grill of the lint duct that I needed to transplant to the new duct assembly. Fortunately, the new assy was buit to accept them. I removed the wires, and you basically have to "work" the bars out of their snap in mounts. I used a small flat blade screwdriver and gently but firmly popped them out. Once that was done, it was easy to pop them on the new duct assy and replace the wires. While reinstalling, it took a little work (and patience) to get the new duct assy to slide over the blower motor flange, but I was able to get it to slide on, and then it was just fastening the 3 screws inside the drum area. Then replace the marked switch wires on the front upper panel, and reattach both upper and lower panels. Done! I only marked it as "A bit difficult" because of the sensor bars and getting the new assy attached to the blower an in the correct position. It is otherwise an "Easy" project.