Level of DifficultyDifficult
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Warren From Mukwonago, WI
Aug 08, 2012
out of people found this instruction helpful
In my situation I thought that I needed an Oven Temperature Sensor so I started by replacing the Oven Temperature Sensor PS388521 -
PLEASE NOTE: You CANNOT reliably do a continuity check on the bake element described here until you have completed te first four steps!!
PLEASE NOTE: Access to the lower bake element is via the RIGHT SIDE PANEL!
To replace the lower heating element (aka the bake or hidden element). These instructions are specific for the KESC307xxxx:
1. Disconnect power to the oven.
2. Move oven from it's location to gain access to the right side panel.
3. Remove the oven drawer (if any).
3. Remove three screws holding the right side panel in place and remove panel. Two of the screws are on the rear of the range. The third is accessed via the cavity where the oven drawer is mounted.
4. CAREFULLY disconnect both wires connected to the element terminals.
5. Remove one screw (not shown) from Shield-HT (item 8 in http://bit.ly/O52AP2) and remove the shield.
6. Carefully pull back fiberglass insulation to reveal cover-access panel.
7. Remove two screws that hold the element to the cover-access panel (item 3 in http://bit.ly/NjvzOi).
8. Remove one screw holding the cover-access panel in place.
9. Remove both element and cover-access panel. NOTE: Observe the orientation of the brackets that support the element so you can install the new element correctly!
10. Installation is the reverse of these steps but make sure you replace the fiberglass insulation correctly or you will experience problems with heat transfer and a possible hot-spot on the side of the oven.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS402713
Part Number: PS402959