ApplianceGeneral Electric Dryer
Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Brad From Riverton, UT
Jan 10, 2008
16 out of 16 people found this instruction helpful
Once I figured out how to get into the bottom end of the dryer, it went really smooth.
1. Remove 4 screws from the top panel at the rear of the machine. This allows the top section of the dryer to be lifted up.
2. Under the top section is a plastic cover which covers the drum, this does not need to be removed. There are two screws in the top which hold the front panel in place, one at the front left top and one at the front right top. remove these two screws. Keep screws seperated, as there are several different types which need to be removed so remeber which go where.
3. Open the dryer door there are four screws which need to be removed. Once these are removed the front panel can be tipped out and the door switch wiring needs to be unplugged to remove the front panel and set aside.
4. Remove the left nylon guide at the bottom front of machine, it is in the way to remove the blower duct.
5. Remove blower housing cover.
6. Reach behind blower housing and disconnect the thyrmister and temperature limit wiring.
7. Remove the blower wheel by removing center nut. It is removed by turning nut clockwise while bracing the wheel with a screw driver so it won't turn.
8. Remove three screws that are behind the the blower wheel.
9. Remove the two base screws that hold the housing to the bottom of the machine.
10. Now you can remove the plastic duct from the machine.
11. remove two screws at the right side og the blower motor.
12. Disconnect wire harness from motor.
13. Lift up on right side of motor bracket and slide to the right. You can now remove the motor and bracket.
14. Remove two clips that hold the motor to the bracket.
15. Install new motor in bracket and replace clips.
16. You can now install the motor and bracket assembly by reversing the order of these steps.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS960009