ApplianceGeneral Electric Dishwasher
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
First, I was impressed by how easy it was to identify the parts needed for repair. The one inch grid and 3 pictorial projections is great.
In the process of removing my upper basket to gain access to the defective basket roller, I broke one of the Rail End Caps. At first I thought that I would have to replace the whole upper basket, but then I realized I could order a set of 4 rollers and an End Cap.
I ordered the parts on a Sunday night, got email confirmation on Monday. On Tueaday I checked the shipping status on-line to learn the parts shipped on Monday and arrived in a depot about 30 miles away in the middle of the night. They were put on a local truck Tuesday morning. My doorbell rang about 6 PM Tuesday night. Nobody was at the door but my package was there!
I retrieved the package with four Rollers and two End Caps.
About 15 minutes later I installed one roller and one End Cap. I carefully removed the remaining End Cap, slid the basket out, popped off the old broken roller and snapped the new one in place. I slid the basket back on the guides and replaced the End Caps (one new, one old). It took me about 15 minutes to do the job. Now that I'm "experienced", I think I could do it in about 4 minutes next time!
Decided to save the extra parts I ordered until next time something breaks! The other old rollers were in good shape but were a little stiff so I gave them a shot of Silicone Spray. Works absolutely great now!
Of course I have told my story to a few friends and they were impressed!