Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
I first unplugged the dryer from the wall outlet. I then pried off the front bottom panel and removed the two door springs and drum belt from the tension pulley. I removed the two phillips head screws under the lint screen door and removed the top by prying up on the front catches and tilting it back, out of my way. I unplugged the two wires on the safety switch attached to the top of the inner front panel, loosened (but did not remove) the two hex screws at the bottom of the front panel and removed the two hex screws from the top inner part of the front panel. The front panel is then slightly lifted off the bottom two hex screws and removed. The drum can now be lifted out from the front. I removed the old rear seal and glue from the drum, and reinstalled the new one. I did not glue the new seal on, but upon reinstalling the drum and front panel, properly positioned it while rotating the drum. I then reassembled the dryer in the reverse order, making sure the belt, wires, springs, and screws where replaced properly, and that the drum rotated freely. Upon plugging the dryer in and testing, it functioned flawlessly.