Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
scot From keller, TX
Jun 21, 2011
4 out of 16 people found this instruction helpful
Ordered a new Surface Burner Switch to replace the failed unit.
When I opened the burner lid, I could see the insulation on all the wiring for the burners had fallen apart and wiring was exposed. The wiring for all 4 burners was exposed as the insulation had deteriorated and fallen off over 80% of the circuits. It was just blind luck there was not a fire or an electrical failure on a grand scale. I replaced the wiring and burner connection assemblies as they also showed signs of age and deterioration.
Had the switch not gone bad, forcing me to look into the wiring assemble, there very likely would have been an electrical fire. In a 220 volt appliance, electrical fires are a lot more excitement than I need.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS443494