Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Matthias From Poway, CA
Jun 08, 2011
1 out of 3 people found this instruction helpful
Replaced the entire element which has both a large and a small heated element.
1. Removed 2 screws holding the cooktop. Located on front of cooktop after opening oven door.
2. Raised cooktop
3. Unscrewed the long bracket holding the 2 front burners 4. unscrewed the burner element from bracket.
5. Wrote down the wiring, removed the wiring with pliers.
6. Removed the spring clips holding the burner element to the bracket with pliers.
7. Unscrewed/removed spring clips from old element
8. Install reverse of removal.
The only thing I should have done was to mark which holes the spring clips were originally were in on the long bracket. It ended up OK, but it would have been faster if I didn't have to double-check the positioning of the burner.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2361440