Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
The process was pretty methodical. This is a washer/dryer stack unit, and the dryer is on top. I removed the top 2 screws on the dryer front cover, and pulled it down, while being careful of the connecting wires that are attached. I also removed the lower front panel (it angles in at the base), and pulled that out. There are a few plates to remove (one steel and one pale green) and as I removed them, I had labels for the screws on a few pages to keep track of where each screw and plate went. Then, finally, I removed the screws that held the main tumbler in place. There are four. From that point, pulling the tumbler out is relatively easy, as long as you turn it as you pull it out, so the belt can slip off. The only real problem I had was the expanding washer that holds the drum roller support from slipping off. It has to be pulled apart so that it can be removed from the roller shaft, and when I did it, the piece snapped off, and fell into the inside of the dryer bottom, and I had to hunt for it. But once that was done, I put the new roller support on, and it was completed. I didn't need the other parts. It was the Drum support roller that had rusted.