Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Victor From Chesapeake, VA
Dec 29, 2010
6 out of 7 people found this instruction helpful
1. Remove the two screws at the bottom of the door.
2. Remove the three screws at the side of the door.
3. If you look at the replacement door frame, you'll see the built in clips that snap in place to hold the frame in place.
4. Using the putty knife, gently pry the top of the old frame up, undoing one clip at the time.
5. In my case, the glass had fallen out of its frame. I had to make sure that the glass didn't fall down in the process of removing the door frame.
6. The door frame assembly should be off the door now. Lay on a flat surface facing down.
7. Remove the inside plastic frame.
8. Remove the glass.
9. Remove the door handle by removing the two screws holding the door handle to the frame.
10. Replace the glass on the new door frame by carefully snapping in place using the clips on the door frame.
11. Replace the inside plastic frame by carefully snapping in place using the clips on the door frame.
12. I used a hot glue gun to glue the glass and the inside plastic frame to the door frame in a few places. I noticed this was done at the factory when originally assembled.
13. Replace the door handle by screwing the two screws holding the door handle back on to the frame.
14. Snap the completed door frame assembly back on to the door.
15. Replace the two screws at the bottom of the door and the three screws at the side of the door.
**** Note that I did not have to remove the door from the microwave to replace the frame.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS389978