Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
William From Lansdale, PA
Dec 10, 2010
0 out of 1 people found this instruction helpful
Easy job. Anybody can do it. This replacement is accessed from inside the oven.
1. Remove the two Phillips sheet metal screws that attach the backing element plate to the back wall of the stove.
2. Carefully and slowly pull out the element as far as you can to expose the two Faston connectors and wire.
3. While holding the heating wire exiting the baking element with the needle nose pliers, carefully remove each female Faston connector.
4. Installation of the new heating element is the reverse of above. I highly recommend that you use the needle nose pliers to hold the heating wire behind the male (spade) Faston connector while installing the female connector. This will prevent bending of the heating wire.
5. I also recommend turning on the new baking element to a high temperature for about 10 minutes with the door partially open to get rid of the new heating element odor before you bake any food.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2195202