Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
T.w. From Batesville, AR
Sep 21, 2010
51 out of 53 people found this instruction helpful
Door quit closing on it's own......
** Order the following from www.partselect.com
Lower Door Closing Cam -- Part Number: PS323495
Upper Door Closing Cam -- Part Number: PS327641
1. 1/4 drive socket and standard socket
2. On top of door .... remove black plastic bracket cover on top of hinge
3. Have someone hold the frige door in place
4. On top of door .... remove 3 screws that hold the hinge onto the frige..... at this time, door will be loose
5. Lift door up and off the bottom hinge.
6. sit door on the ground. Tilt door at an angle for access to the "cam"
7. On frige, at the bottom, use socket to remove one screw that holds the old "bottom" cam in place..... then replace with new one.
8. While door is tilted, use socket to remove one screw that holds the "top" cam in place.
9. You will need to gently pull this cam out.... shouldn't take too much effort though.
10. Replace with new cam.
11. put door back on hinge
12. At top of frige, reinstall 3 screws
13. Reinstall plastic cover.
14. Voila, you're done
Thanks PartSelect !
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS327641
Part Number: PS4082687