ApplianceGeneral Electric Refrigerator
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Scott From Fort Worth, TX
Jun 24, 2010
0 out of 1 people found this instruction helpful
1. Unplugged refrigerator from wall power socket.
2. Removed the 2 1/4'' screws and removed the back panel in the freezer section
3. Defrosted all of the ice off the coils and heater using a blower dryer which took about 10 minutes and lots of towels.
4. I replaced the defrost heater by following the provided instructions. I had a single element defroster which was replaced by a double element defroster. The instructions provided showed how to modify the wiring and were simple enough to follow.
5. Installed back panel and plugged in the refrigerator.
I checked on the defroster 1 week later and was pleased to see no ice on the coil. Problem solved.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS1993872