Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Pedro From Jacksonville, NC
May 06, 2010
4 out of 4 people found this instruction helpful
1. De-energize appliance at your electrical circuit breaker panel.
2. using torx # 15 remove the back cover of the door. Careful not to pull on wiring between door and cover.
3. Remove the cover to the circuit board to access the control panel "ribbon"
4. carefully and gently pry the plastic tab which secures the ribbon to the circuit board. The ribbon will be released and then remove the control panel two mounting screws on either side.
5. Don't worry, this takes longer to read than to perform the required steps.
6.Now install the new panel, do not tighten the screws until you have all the screws in just snug.
place the ribbon connector into the slot at the circuit board, secure it with the tab by pressing gently until its secured.
7. Completely tighten all control panel and circuit board cover screws, place back cover and ensure that the bottom end goes over the edge of door, careful with those foam splash seal and align all screw holes, replace screws, again do not tighten until all screws are in place.
8. Turn appliance circuit breaker back on and see that the LED lights come on on the control panel. Run a test load and enjoy the feeling of a job well done.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2340955