Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Ben From Lake Zurich, IL
Mar 10, 2010
36 out of 40 people found this instruction helpful
I first thought I may have a defective water feed tube that runs from the bottom of the dishwasher tub aolng the back to the top. This is what the top rack sprayer plugs into to get water.
This was easily replaced by uncliping the feed tube by the two clips, one on the top of the tub and one in the back. You then give the feed tube a twist clockwise about 45 degree (relative to the bottom of the dishwasher). This will remove the feed tube and bottom sprayer.
However, this didn't fix the issue.
I then replaced the pump/motor. This is done by uninstalling the dishwasher and flipping it onto it's back so you can look at the bottom of the dishwasher. There is an electrial connector on the right side that needs to be disconnected. The motor is help on by one bolt in the back and a socket wrench with extender will be needed to get to it. Once the bolt is removed, and motor needs to be twisted about 45 degress so it feels "loose". Then you need to pull straight down and the motor will come off.
Just reverse all the steps to install the new motor.
But that didn't fix the issue either.
Come to find out, the problem I was having was the grinder screen was so gummed up with paper, the grinder broke and water was not getting through the screen. Here is how you replace the grider (which was the true fix to the problem).
- Remove the feed tube like I listed above. You DO NOT need to uninstall your dishwasher.
- Use a Torx driver to remove the three visible bolts on the bottom of the washer tub.
- Pull up on the plastic piece you just removed the screws to remove it.
- Use a smaller sized Torx driver to remove the one screw from the Grinder plate. Once you have the screw off, use a pair of pliers to pull straight up on post sticking straight up on the grinder housing.
-You can now see the grinder. Pull the screen and grinder assembly out. If it is still intact, just clean it and replace it back into its groove. If it is in pieces, it is destroyed and buy a new one.
- Reverse all the steps to put the dish washer back together.
This screen that fits into the groove was jammed up with paper and was causing my my issues. Once I placed this the macine worked great.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2363114