Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repairMore than 2 hours
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
first we printed out directions from a couple of online repair sites that had pictures.
We followed the directions to remove the front of the dryer and removed the belt off the drier and then took out the drum. We had a hard time trying to keep the rear seal on so used CLOTHES PINS to put on the seal, then we added the adhesive replacing the clothes pins until the whole seal glued. Since the drum was already out, we put it in the sun to really dry the glue.
Next we attacked the drum support rollers. We removed the back of the dryer and used a 9/16" socket with an extention to remove the back nuts.
We took out the shaft, used sandpaper on it and then replaced the triangle clips and the support rollers.
Then put the back on again, then the front, making
sure the drum fit on the front. You have to then figure out the belt, with the rubber side down, and then work with the tensioner, which took my poor husband a while. Then lowered the top, put the clips back on and the bottom, making sure we turned the drum. It was a success after about 3 hours. You can do it a lot easier with pictures.