Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
First I removed the torx screws around the perimeter of the inside of the door. I then released the two solenoids that operate the soap dispenser latch from their attachments and removed the inside door panel. This enabled me to get to the soap dispenser mechanism. I then removed the dispenser by removing two hex head screws and then replaced the grommet around the dispenser cover latch.
I also replaced the door gasket by simply pulling the old one out and pressing the new one in place. Unfortunately, this did not completely correct the problem because the unit still leaked.
I then discovered that the door was apparently out of alignment and I grabbed the door and twisted it somewhat in order to increase pressure on the side of the door that was leaking. This fixed the leak but it is of course only temporary because I haven't adjusted the door springs in order to make the fix permanent. I plan to do this soon after I have researched that procedure in detail