Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repairMore than 2 hours
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Robert W From Whittier, CA
Jan 06, 2010
0 out of 1 people found this instruction helpful
The outer glass on the microwave door seems to be to heavy for the plastic frame and the frame breaks on the lower left hand corner. I am trying to correct this by supergluing the glass to the plastic frame that's being replaced in hopes that the glass will support the frame. This is why the job is a bit difficult and lengthy.
1) Remove the upper louvered grill from the top of the microwave.
2) Open the door 90 degrees and lift up, the door it will come off the hinge pins, hold on to the door or it will fall on the floor.
3) Lay the door outside face down. There are openings around the hinge plates, use a screw driver or a small lever to reach thru these holes and carefully start to pry the black plastic frame from around the inside door glass. Once the frame is up far enough to get a dull knife blade under the frame pry carefully all around and remove, this is probably the most difficult step.
4) Remove the two or three Phillip's head screws that hold the handle on and remove the handle.
5) Now the outside frame can be levered off the main metal door frame, the outer glass is held in place by the outer frame so use care not to drop it.
6) Clean everything up. This where I use the superglue to hold the glass to the replaced outer frame, I probably wont know for six to twelve months if it does any good.
7) Reverse order to assemble,
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2055647
No Longer Available