Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
It was a dark and stormy night.....
Husband: AArrgghhh - we need a new refrigerator !!
WIfe: Nope, we just need to fix this one, and I know just how to do it. (partselect.com)
Husband: (of little faith) Fine, miss smartypants, go for it...
0) Wife orders correct parts from partselect.com and they arrive 3 days later.
1) Wife manually removed the two old drawers and the Cover-storage pan (has drawer guides)
2) Wife attempts (unsuccessfully) to remove glass frontpiece from old drawer to put on new one.
3) Husband: "Lemme see that ...
4) WIfer (reluctantly): ...uh.. OK...
5) Husband puts drawer on counter and whacks it with his fist after disloging the front panel with a butter knife.
5) Wife (amazed) wow-nothing broke!
6) Husband repeats process and breaks the second front panel
7) WIfe (silently) Oh darn and shoot
8) Husband (verbally) *&%#!!!
9) WIfe (brightly) That's OK - I can glue it. No Problemo!!
10) WIfe (silently) *&%!!
11) Wife assembles old front panel onto first storage drawer
12) Wife cheerfully glues old front panel #2, prays, then assembles it onto second storage drawer.
13) Wife puts cover-storage-pan in refrigerator and slides top drawer in, noticing more friction and more play than ususal.
14) Wife notices that wheels are not included in the cover-storage-pan
15) Husband: Now we are S.O.L. for sure. We need to buy a new refrigerator.
16) Wife (OK, smugly) repairs herself to the storage shed, where she has cleverly kept the old part, which still has the wheels on it.
17) Wife removes wheels from old part and installs them onto new part without breaking anything.
18) Wife installs both drawers and is inspired to clean out the newly restored refigerator.
19) Husband (amazed) admits that family does not need to buy a new refrigerator after all
20) Teenage daughter emerging from her room in a daze, "Hey, is that a new refrigerator?"
21) Wife makes plans to spend remainder of budget that would be used to buy new refrigerator on pearl ring that she has been coveting.
22) AND THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER....