Level of DifficultyDifficult
Time to do repairMore than 2 hours
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
First I removed the drum as described in many other comments. Took me about 10 minutes, pretty easy. Replaced the part which was easy and could be figured out just by seeing how you took the original part off. The hard part was aligning the drum, drum washer, and metal plate back into the drum bearing. I tried over 2 hours to do this and because it rotates and it's almost impossible to line up all the holes, I decided to do it another way.
I took apart the drum bearing from the back panel and then outside of the dryer walls I aligned the drum, washer, metal plate and drum bearing. I screwed them all in together and then, went into the frame and reconnected it at the back w/ the horseshoe looking washer. It worked perfectly and I was frustrated that it took me so long to figure out a different way to do it.
I have to say because of the installation it was a little tough than anticipated but was very happy with the end result (no squeaking) and money savings. Definitely worth giving it a try if you're patient.