Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
After determining that the leak was coming basically from the motor shaft I googled until I thought I could handle it, took it apart to confirm I could get it apart (I thought it might be too stuck and I might need the whole motor thing) and then ordered the kit.
I don't think this could be done with the dishwasher in place, so I turned the water off to the unit and unplugged it. I had previously removed the front bottom cover plates (4 screws). I opened the front, removed the lower dish rack and unscrewed it from the bottom side of the counter, disconnected the water supply and drain line, then wiggled it out being careful of the insulation sheets, hoses, etc. Note, water drains everywhere. I had some baking pans to contain and paper towels to wipe but still, be safe / prepared.
I disconnected everything from the motor / impeller housing area, then went inside the unit and loosened the lock ring thing around the base of whatever you call the spinning arm / sprayer, it took a little effort, might be easier to try this when it is still mounted to the counter. After that main ring was removed the housing with the motor and everything just wiggled free.
I unscrewed the motor's 3 Torx screws, and then the unscrewed the plastic "X" at the end opposite the motor, the brass weight pulls straight off and the impeller is supposed to come off too. Mine was stuck like many I read about. I drilled a hole in the end of the plastic impeller and drove the motor shaft out with a punch and hammer, it worked pretty slick. Then I carefully pried out the last seal and stopped for a cold beverage, major success.
I carefully pushed the new seal into the housing, reattached the motor to the housing, pushed on the other new seals, the impeller, the new brass weight in the same order the old ones were, and screwed on the "X" on the end as snug as I could. Then I carefully reattached the motor and housing to the bottom of the dishwasher, ensuring good solid seals and tightening that big ring again from the inside as snug as I could get it, carefully hooked everything on the bottom back up basically in the reverse of disassembly, put the unit back under the counter, plugged it in, turned the water back on to it, loaded it and tested it. I was fortunate enough to not have it leak anywhere, after 3 or 4 loads I reattached the bottom trim pieces and checked this off my list.
Also, would love to mention that your site is great, the parts were priced attractively, they arrived very quickly and were a snap to install.
Thanks for saving me a ton of money / headaches!