Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
1. Determine that ice maker still worked by manually filling it with water
2. Made sure the tube that delivers water to the ice maker was not plugged with ice
3. Made sure that the water inlet valve filter was clean
4. Made sure that the icemaker was still trying to turn on the water delivery valve when the ice maker needed water
5. Did a web search for the replacement valve - found it at PartSelect and ordered it.
6. Part came quickly and took only 30 minutes to install and it fixed the problem.