Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
Barry From Altadena, CA
Sep 13, 2007
5 out of 6 people found this instruction helpful
Research on the internet showed the problem was either the defrost thermostat or the defrost timer. I decided to replace both.
1. Emptied the freezer into an ice chest
2. Removed shelves, some of which were held in with screws.
3. Removed freezer back panel.
4. Replaced freezer thermostat, very simple, one clip and two wires.
5 Replaced all removed parts. Put food back in freezer
6. Removed and replaced defrost timer from underneath front of fridge, screws were awkward to reach.
7 No more heat around outside of freezer