Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repairMore than 2 hours
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
DAVID From GLEN MILLS, PA
May 10, 2009
1 out of 18 people found this instruction helpful
First I disconnected the washer and used a shop vac to suck out remaining water throught the effluent tube. I then pulled the washer out from the wall and opened up the panel in the back where I saw a penney in the baffeled catch basin and, a wad of lint wrapped around what looked like three 7" wires.I opened up the top with the putty knife and flipped it bacl. I then proceded to remove the top sections of the tub (soap/bleach dispenser, etc) Then I removed the dome using a stubby screwdriver to 'pop' the internal catches. The next thing to come out was the perforated baffel. I could see the blockage through the drain holes in the bottom of the tub. I made a hook out of a coat hanger to extract the wad and 'wires'. Also, a pair of needle nose plires were used to pull the wires through the tub holes. Rhe unit was then re-assembled and has worked fine since.
The 'wires', it turned out, were identified by my wife as the wires from some of her UNDERWIRE BRAS! They will get handwashed henceforth!
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS401674