ApplianceGeneral Electric Refrigerator
Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Ben From Chattanooga, TN
May 08, 2009
2 out of 3 people found this instruction helpful
1. You should probably unplug refrigerator before starting.
2. Pull down on the two plastic chrome plated selector buttons to remove them.
3. Pry off the plastic cover plate that has water, crushed & cubes printed on it.
4. Remove the four screws at each corner. This will release the control module housing. Pull out the housing while making note of how the water supply line is positioned underneath-could take a digital picture for later reference)
5. Unplug the plugs at each end of the board.
6. Remove the two screws at each end of the black bracket that retains the control module.
7. Pull out the old control module.
8. Insert the new control module.
9. Replace the retaining bracket removed in step 6.
10. Plug in the the two plugs removed in step 5.
11. Carefully reseat the control module housing back on the refrigerator (make sure that the water supply line is positioned correctly)
12. Replace the the 4 screws removed in step 4.
13. Line up the posts on the the cover panel with the holes on the control module housing and press back into place.
14. Replace the two chrome plated plastic selector buttons.
15. Plug in the refrigerator & test.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS304236