ApplianceGeneral Electric Refrigerator
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
Chris From Fullerton, CA
Apr 22, 2009
3 out of 5 people found this instruction helpful
1. Unplugged fridge & Removed bottom left black access panel
2. Removed 1 screw with nutdriver which was holding the valve/bracket assembly in place
3. Pulled out valve assembly and disconnected electrical connector.
4. Pushed in retaining rings around each of the water lines and pulled water lines out
5. Replaced cracked water lines by cutting off bad section. Connected new 1.4" &5/16" OD tubing using quick connect couplers (ACE hardware).
6. Insert water lines into new valve assembly
7. Connect electrical connector to new assembly
8. Installed valve assembly back into fridge and put the single screw back in.
9. Put the back panel back on
10. Plugged fridge back in.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS304364