ApplianceGeneral Electric Dryer
Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair1- 2 hours
Age of Appliance5 - 10 years
edward From Sunnyvale, CA
Feb 23, 2009
17 out of 23 people found this instruction helpful
1. removed two screws to take off top.
2. removed two screws to take off front.
3. Took belt off pulley and removed drum.
4. inspected old heating element at back of dryer - saw broken wire
5. replaced heating element (round w/ heating coil)
6. Re-assembled dryer
1. mark down or take pictures of all wires before removal - easy to mix them up
2. when you re-attach drum-belt, it should be taught. Comes straight down wall around metal pulley and then forms an "S" as it wraps around plastic pulley on way up. To re-attach, stick both arms into dryer - one to pull plastic-pulley and other to attach belt.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS265565