ApplianceGeneral Electric Range
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repair30 - 60 mins
Age of ApplianceLess than 1 year
John From Dadeville, AL
Feb 22, 2009
9 out of 10 people found this instruction helpful
Don't order new gaskets--they come installed on the new maintop.
1. Pull oven out from the wall,
2 Remove two screws, one on each side toward the rear.
3. Remove the controll faceplate by removing the four rotary switches and unscrewing the retaining rings underneath the rotary switches. When lifting the faceplate, be careful to disconnect the wiring harness attached at the bottom of the right third of the facepalte to avoid bending the tines.
4. Removing the faceplate gives you access to six screws (nutdriver) attacing the mainoven to the glass top unit. Remove them all.
5. Slightly lift the glass top and tilt from the rear toward the front to get access to the underside.
6. There are 4 burners and the "surface hot" light unit attached to the bottom of the glass top. Disconnect the surface hot light by easing it out and let it hang, Remove the burners (recommend right to left) by unscrewing (nutdriver) the screws which hold the nine burner retaining clips . Lay the burners on the oven.
7. Remove/discard the old glass top.
8. Use a towel folded over to provide a cushion under the front edge of the new glass top as you install the new burners.
9. Install everything in reverse order.
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS2322190