Level of DifficultyA Bit Difficult
Time to do repair15 - 30 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Richard From Memphis, TN
Feb 11, 2009
22 out of 23 people found this instruction helpful
1) - removed the water tray.
2) - removed the three (3) screws hidden by water tray.
3) - removed entire dispenser faceplate by carefully sliding it up, and then pulling it out
CAUTION: there is a ribbon wire connector between the faceplate and the dispenser unit; carefully disconnect.
4) - removed screws retaining the dispenser unit in the door.
5) - disconnect water tube (exit) from the dispenser unit and remove dispenser unit.
6) - carefully disconnect water actuator (paddle) two-wire electrical connector.
7) - remove two small metal "hinge-cover" plates that retain the water actuator (paddle) and remove actuator.
8) - install new water actuator (paddle), reinstall the two small "hinge-cover" plates, connect the two-wire electrical connector, make sure the return-spring is connected to the new water actuator (paddle).
9) - HERE IS THE HARDEST PART - as you reinstall the dispender unit into the door, make sure to reinstall the VERY short water tube back through the dispenser opening - long, skinny fingers would be very helpful.
10) - The remaining reinstallation is pretty straight-forward (the reverse of removal).
|Part Photo||Part Description||Price||Availability
Part Number: PS1526419