Level of DifficultyReally easy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of ApplianceMore than 10 years
My wife detected the problem Wednesday evening before Thanksgiving. We've had the heating element break before, so we knew right away what the problem was. We ordered the part that night, and even though we weren't able to cook Tom for Thanksgiving, the part shipped on Friday and arrived the next Thursday.
First, I turned off the power to the stove at the circuit breaker.
Then, I removed the two screws that hold the element in place. They are on the top of the flange and partially concealed by the convection element that juts out.
I pulled out the heating element, disconnected the electrical leads, and installed the new one.
I attempted to put the screws back in, but they were a little tough to line up. I decided to leave them out, knowing that I will probably be doing this repair again in a couple of years.
Hopefully, next time it won't be the day before Thanksgiving.