ApplianceGeneral Electric Dishwasher
Level of DifficultyEasy
Time to do repairLess than 15 mins
Age of Appliance1 - 4 years
Bryan From Gilbert, AZ
Oct 22, 2008
7 out of 7 people found this instruction helpful
I replaced the broken/cracked soap and Jet Dry dispenser (i.e. MODULE RINSE AND CAP ASM - part #PS1481889). (Water was leaking into the soap holder and hardening the soap into a lump before the door would open, rendering the soad useless).
1) Unplugged the dishwasher.
2) Unscrewed the 6 screws holding the front stainless steel panel to the plastic door; set aside panel and insulation.
3) Unplugged two wires from small electric motor in broken ASM.
4) Unscrewed 6 screws holding ASM in place; easily slid out of door.
5) Slid in replacement ASM and put 6 screws back in (tightened snugly to make slightly warped door bend to new ASM).
6) Plug back in two wires into new ASM.
7) Re-attached stainless steel cover to door (having a 2nd person hold this in place while screwing would've helped).
All done - works like a charm! No more dirty dishes because the soap didn't work right...
Bottom line: If you have a phillips head screwdriver, you can do this repair. Easy to do.